Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Examples of Project Based Learning

The more I look into Project Based Learning the more excited I get about its ability to teach students 21st century skills in a dynamic, exciting, applicable learning environment. Discovery Education produced histed a webinar recently on PBL, and publised their powerpoint presentation shared here http://mediashare.discoveryeducation.com/mediashare/index.cfm?event=pushFile&guidAssetMediaFileId=4186022d-2655-8579-76d3-5955f15d7565.

Edutopia is one site that came up in the presentation that, in particular, seems to have a wealth of information on the approach. http://www.edutopia.org/project-based-learning.

I've also recently discovered the PBL Co-Laboratory from PBL-online.org. Shortly after creating my free account I had generated a list of 21 of my personal favourite projects from teachers internationally. Its so encouraging to see teachers so willing to share their ideas, and I hope the NLC is able to enspire students to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment